Tweets

Array

Twitter locked accounts belonging to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s re-election campaign and several prominent conservatives Monday, after they posted videos of left-wing protesters gathered outside McConnell’s Kentucky home — with one demonstrator calling for someone to stab McConnell “in the heart” and for McConnell to break his “raggedy” neck. Capitol Hill communications director Ben Goldey said that he, too, had been locked out of Twitter.

“My account was temporarily suspended after posting a video of far-left activists chanting death threats at Senator McConnell,” Goldey wrote on Twitter.

“Meanwhile, @Castro4Congress tweet, targeting his own constituents by name and employer is still up and does not violate Twitter’s Rules.”

“Mitch McConnell has people on his yard threatening to “stab the motherf******” in the heart” & @twitter suspends MCCONNELL from its platform,”

Jennings wrote on Twitter.

“This nation needs to heal & this platform is actively removing voices from the conversation who can help find solutions. Absolute garbage.””Just stab the m—– f—– in the heart,”

Helm said, after a fellow demonstrator referenced a McConnell voodoo doll. Former McConnell aide and political commentator Scott Jennings also called the situation inexplicable.

“McConnell doesn’t care about people who actually do break their necks, who need insulin, who need any type of medication, because they want to stop and prevent health care for all,”

Helm said.

“And that is something that every American out here wants. There’s only a few Americans who don’t want that”

Twitter declined to provide an on-the-record comment. Because the video included an explicit call for violence, and took place steps away from McConnell’s residence, it apparently violated Twitter’s rules for anyone to post the video — including McConnell and his supporters. McConnell, 77, has been resting at home since tripping on his patio fracturing his shoulder on Sunday — and the Team Mitch account posted images showing him at his residence.

In the wake of this weekend’s deadly mass shootings in El Paso, Texas and Dayton, Ohio, the hashtag

“Massacre Mitch”

trended on Twitter — and some activists took their case to McConnell’s residence. Saavedra added:

“By suspending McConnell’s re-election campaign for exposing the violent rhetoric directed at McConnell, which was allowed to foment on Twitter for days, Twitter is interfering in the 2020 elections in a manner to help Democrats and hurt Republicans.” “This morning, Twitter locked our account for posting the video of real-world, violent threats made against Mitch McConnell,”

McConnell campaign manager Kevin Golden said in a statement.

“This is the problem with the speech police in America today.”

On Tuesday, McConnell’s campaign accused New York Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of encouraging threats against the senator and

“trying to dox some underage kids”

after she blasted a group of McConnell-supporting boys who took a controversial photo with a cardboard cutout of her during a recent Kentucky political event.

The situation quickly spiraled. The Daily Beast posted a tweet claiming that McConnel’s campaign had “essentially” told Ocasio-Cortez that “boys will be boys” — prompting Ocasio-Cortez, and later Newsweek, to falsely imply that McConnell’s campaign had, in fact, used that phrase.

As of late Wednesday, the Team Mitch had not deleted the offending tweet containing the video. Twitter’s policy for accounts violating its rules on certain offending content is to require the account owners to delete offending tweets in order for their access to be restored unless the conduct is so severe it warrants an indefinite suspension.

Golden continued:

“The Lexington-Herald can attack Mitch with cartoon tombstones of his opponents. But we can’t mock it. Twitter will allow the words ‘Massacre Mitch’ to trend nationally on their platform. But locks our account for posting actual threats against us. We appealed and Twitter stood by their decision, saying our account will remain locked until we delete the video.”

Golden added:

“These young men are not campaign staff, they’re high schoolers and it’s incredible that the national media has sought to once again paint a target on their backs rather than report real, and significant news in our country.”

Its most recent tweet, made late Tuesday, Team Mitch called the threats outside McConnell’s home

“serious calls to physical violence”

and said law enforcement had been notified. The episode prompted the McConnell campaign, known as

“Team Mitch,”

to slam Twitter for political bias, saying the social media platform had effectively blamed the victim. Meanwhile, observers noted, Democratic Rep. Joaquin Castro remains active on Twitter, even after he posted the names of San Antonio residents who donated to Trump.

Array

The New York Times published the report with Comey’s memos on May 16, 2017, revealing the contents of the memo which said the president asked him to shut down the federal investigation into former national security adviser Michael Flynn in an Oval Office meeting.

On May 17, Robert Mueller was appointed as special counsel to lead the Russia investigation.

DOJ WILL NOT PROSECUTE COMEY FOR LEAKING MEMOS: SOURCES

James Comey tangled with Rep. Mark Meadows in the Twitter arena overnight after the Republican congressman accused the feisty former FBI director of going silent ahead of the release of what could be a damaging inspector general report.Comey, during June 2017 testimony, said he deliberately leaked a memo in order to prompt the appointment of a special counsel.And he deployed a trendy put-down to call out Meadows for committing the social media sin of not tagging him: “@ me next time, bruh.”After the fact, the FBI classified two of those memos as “confidential.”“I love transparency. I just wait for facts before I talk about them. I’m confident the results of all IG reports will show honest public servants worked hard to protect this country from a threat this president and his enablers won’t acknowledge. And @ me next time, bruh.”The light-hearted feud belies the apparent severity of the Justice Department inspector general’s investigation. Officials confirmed Thursday that following a referral from the IG, the department has decided against prosecuting Comey for leaking classified information.The report related to Comey’s leaks is separate from DOJ Inspector General Michael Horowitz’s review of alleged Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) abuses.“As the IG report on Comey approaches, we’re getting the sound of silence. No Comey tweets. No softball interviews,” he tweeted. “Must be tougher when you get questioned by a DOJ Inspector General. The truth is coming. His actions will come to light. And the verdict won’t be pretty.”Comey hit back, tweeting that he’s simply waiting “for facts” before speaking publicly and suggesting he’s not concerned – before calling out Meadows for not following the Twitter code of honor:Fox News’ Brooke Singman and Jake Gibson contributed to this report.Comey, whom Trump fired in May 2017, denied that sharing the memos with his legal team constituted a leak of classified information. Instead, he compared the process to keeping “a diary.”“I didn’t consider it part of an FBI file,” Comey told Fox News’ Bret Baier last year. “It was my personal aide-memoire…I always thought of it as mine.”It remains unclear how tough the IG report will be on Comey, but the review pertains to memos he wrote memorializing his interactions with President Trump in the days leading up to his firing. He then passed those documents to a friend, Columbia University Law Professor Daniel Richman, who gave them to The New York Times. Comey admitted to that arrangement during congressional testimony. 

FBIAGENTS RETRIEVED MEMOS FROM COMEY’S HOUSEB

Fox News is told the release of Horowitz’s report is “imminent.” And Meadows, R-N.C., entered the fray by suggesting the report will contain damaging details for Comey.

Source

Lewis said that he experiences a “large amount of open in your face racism” in Pennsylvania. He specifically mentioned one instance when he allegedly observed a white man wearing a “Make America Great Again” hat and dawning a swastika tattoo on his arm walking by his house while he was sitting outside with his children. “Needless to say I was shocked. In my 48 years on this Earth, that was the first time I’ve ever seen that,” Lewis said. The post has been shared more than 600 times and liked more than 1,600 times as of Friday morning. “Went to Walmart rocking my Make Racism Wrong Again gear! Lol! So many dirty looks. A couple of compliments. One thing I’ve learned about living in Western Pennsylvania. It is one of the most racist places I’ve ever lived,” Lewis wrote above a photo of himself smiling. Jamal Lewis, 48, posted a photo of himself wearing a matching “Make Racism Wrong Again” black hat and T-shirt in front of his home in Pittsburgh. The motto, which parallels President Trump’s 2016 campaign slogan “Make America Great Again,” received a mixed reaction from shoppers at Lewis’ local Walmart, he said in a July 27 post. The Rev. Al Sharpton, founder of the civil rights group Nation Action Network, urged Republicans in Congress to public condemn Trump’s tweets. Several Democratic lawmakers traveled to Baltimore amid the controversy to see what living conditions were like in the Maryland city.

MARYLAND MAN ALLEGEDLY ATTACKED FOR WEARING MAGA HAT SAYS IT WON’T STOP HIM FROM PUTTING IT ON AGAINA

Pennsylvania man went viral for wearing “Make Racism Wrong Again” apparel to his local Walmart.

President Trump was accused of being a racist following a nasty feud with Rep. Elijah Cummings, D-Md. Trump responded to Cummings’ recent criticism of conditions in detention centers along the U.S.-Mexico border by accusing the black congressman’s predominately African-American district in Baltimore of being “a disgusting, rat and rodent infested mess.”

Source

Array

A Pennsylvania man went viral for wearing “Make Racism Wrong Again” apparel to his local Walmart.

Lewis said that he experiences a

“large amount of open in your face racism”

in Pennsylvania.

He specifically mentioned one instance when he allegedly observed a white man wearing a

“Make America Great Again”

hat and dawning a swastika tattoo on his arm walking by his house while he was sitting outside with his children.

“Needless to say I was shocked. In my 48 years on this Earth, that was the first time I’ve ever seen that,” Lewis said. The post has been shared more than 600 times and liked more than 1,600 times as of Friday morning. “Went to Walmart rocking my Make Racism Wrong Again gear! Lol! So many dirty looks. A couple of compliments. One thing I’ve learned about living in Western Pennsylvania. It is one of the most racist places I’ve ever lived,”

Lewis wrote above a photo of himself smiling. Jamal Lewis, 48, posted a photo of himself wearing a matching

“Make Racism Wrong Again”

black hat and T-shirt in front of his home in Pittsburgh. The motto, which parallels President Trump’s 2016 campaign slogan

“Make America Great Again,”

received a mixed reaction from shoppers at Lewis’ local Walmart, he said in a July 27 post. The Rev. Al Sharpton, founder of the civil rights group Nation Action Network, urged Republicans in Congress to public condemn Trump’s tweets. Several Democratic lawmakers traveled to Baltimore amid the controversy to see what living conditions were like in the Maryland city. President Trump was accused of being a racist following a nasty feud with Rep. Elijah Cummings, D-Md. Trump responded to Cummings’ recent criticism of conditions in detention centers along the U.S.-Mexico border by accusing the black congressman’s predominately African-American district in Baltimore of being

 “a disgusting, rat and rodent infested mess.”

Array

Earlier Wednesday, Trump also said Democratic 2020 hopefuls, specifically former vice president Joe Biden and Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., will lead the U.S. into an “economic sinkhole” if elected. He also claimed America would have experienced a “Great Recession/Depression” if he had not been elected in 2016.President Trump late Wednesday tweeted a response to CNN’s Democratic debate and said none of the candidates would keep up what he sees as momentum in the country.“…It will soon be time to choose to keep and build upon that prosperity and success, or let it go. We are respected again all around the world. Keep it that way! I said I will never let you down, and I haven’t. We will only grow bigger, better and stronger TOGETHER!,” Trump said. “The people on the stage tonight, and last, were not those that will either Make America Great Again or Keep America Great!” Trump began in a series of tweets around midnight. “Our Country now is breaking records in almost every category, from Stock Market to Military to Unemployment. We have prosperity & success like never before..” the president continued. “The people I saw on stage last night, & you can add in Sleepy Joe, Harris, & the rest, will lead us into an economic sinkhole the likes of which we have never seen before. With me, only up!” Trump said before the second debate Wednesday night.CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APPAN ENERGIZED BIDEN PUNCHES BACK AGAINST HARRIS, OTHERS IN HEATED DEBATE

Source

“There is nothing racist in stating plainly what most people already know, that Elijah Cummings has done a terrible job for the people of his district, and of Baltimore itself. Dems always play the race card when they are unable to win with facts. Shame!” he tweeted Sunday. Cummings’ district is about 55% black and includes a large portion of Baltimore. The city has struggled with violent crime, with more than 300 homicides for four years in a row. It has crumbling infrastructure and a police department under federal oversight. Trump’s comments drew swift condemnation from Democrats over the weekend, including some of the party’s presidential candidates. Statements from a spokesman for Maryland’s Republican governor and from the lieutenant governor defended Cummings’ district and its people.  Trump on Saturday lashed out at Cummings, claiming his Baltimore-area district is “considered the worst run and most dangerous anywhere in the United States.” President Donald Trump on Sunday defended his controversial remarks aimed at Rep. Elijah Cumming and called the Baltimore lawmaker a racist. “If racist Elijah Cummings would focus more of his energy on helping the good people of his district, and Baltimore itself, perhaps progress could be made in fixing the mess that he has helped to create over many years of incompetent leadership. His radical ‘oversight’ is a joke!” he added.

Source


Current track

Title

Artist