Gays for Trump News

Page: 5

George Conway, the husband of White House adviser Kellyanne Conway and a fierce critic of President Trump, penned an op-ed in The Washington Post that calls Trump a “cancer on the presidency” and urged Congress to take action to remove him from office.

After 22 months, a redacted version of special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia interference report was made available to the public. The report showed no evidence that Trump’s team “coordinated or conspired” with Russia, but many Democrats pointed out that Mueller identified 10 times where there was potential obstruction, and essentially left the next steps up to Congress.

Mueller wrote that Trump’s efforts to obstruct “were often carried out through one-on-one meetings in which the President sought to use his official power outside of usual channels.”

READ THE FULL REPORT 

He continued, “The President’s efforts to influence the investigation were mostly unsuccessful, but that is largely because the persons who surrounded the President declined to carry out orders or accede to his requests.”

Trump’s team late Thursday appeared to take a wait-and-see approach on how the public absorbed the findings. Rudy Giuliani, Trump’s lawyer, seemed to be in no particular hurry to release a 45-page rebuttal when asked about it on CNN.  The White House claimed total victory and vindication for the president

Conway, who has clashed publically with the president before and questioned his mental fitness, barely touches collusion in his piece but highlighted the obstruction argument.

“Mueller couldn’t say, with any “confidence,” that the president of the United States is not a criminal. He said, stunningly, that “if we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state.” Mueller did not so state,” Conway wrote.

He pointed out that even if Trump did not reach the threshold of criminality, he could still be impeached based on earlier precedent. He called on Congress to act to “excise” the cancer in the White House “without delay.”

There is no love lost between Trump and Conway. Trump has called Conway a “stone cold LOSER & husband from hell.”

MUELLER REPORT THE ‘BEGINNING OF THE BEGINNING’: AXIOS EDTIOR

“George Conway, often referred to as Mr. Kellyanne Conway by those who know him, is VERY jealous of his wife’s success & angry that I, with her help, didn’t give him the job he so desperately wanted. I barely know him but just take a look, a stone cold LOSER & husband from hell!” Trump tweeted in March.

Andrew McCarthy, a former federal prosecutor, wrote in the New York Post that Trump could have simply shut down the investigation and assert executive privilege to “deny the special counsel access to key White House witnesses,” but he didn’t.

GET THE FOX NEWS APP

“Most important, the special counsel found that there was no collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia, and that the president’s frustration wasn’t over fear of guilt — the typical motivation for obstruction — but that the investigation was undermining his ability to govern the country,” McCarthy wrote.

Source: Fox News Politics

A Houston motorist was not quite free to drive off into the sunset on Thursday after a judge found “no probable cause” for the man’s arrest for allegedly using an illegal “license plate flipper” to avoid paying nearly $5,500 in tolls, authorities said.

The Harris County District Attorney’s Office has yet to dismiss the case against Preston Cody Talbot, 27, who was arrested last week for avoiding a toll on the Sam Houston Expressway and charged with a misdemeanor, Harris County officials said. Earlier reports had incorrectly indicated that the judge had dismissed the case, police said.

MOTORIST DODGED PAYING NEARLY $5,500 IN HOUSTON TOLLS WITH ‘LICENSE PLATE FLIPPER,’ POLICE SAY

“The judge found no (probable cause) but the charge remains in place,” an official with the District Attorney’s Office told KHOU-TV in a statement. “The DA Office must file a dismissal for a case to be dismissed, but we have not done yet so as the case remains under investigation, including points of law and developing evidence.”

Talbot is accused of installing a device in his car that puts a flipper down in front of his license plate so that cameras at toll plazas can’t read his plates. Police said he owes $5,473 in unpaid tolls.

CLICK HERE FOR THE FOX NEWS APP 

“The case remains active,” Harris County Constable Mark Herman wrote on Facebook, following reports that the case was dismissed. “The District Attorney’s Office will continue to review this case in order to determine how they will proceed.”

Source: Fox News National

The U.S. ambassador to Germany, Richard Grenell, defended Vice President Mike Pence against accusations of homophobia alleged by Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg and compared the claims to a “hate hoax along the lines of Jussie Smollett.”

“Mayor Pete has been pushing this hate hoax along the lines of Jussie Smollett for a very long time now, several weeks,” Grenell, who is openly gay, said Thursday on “The Story with Martha MacCallum.”

Smollett, an actor, is accused of faking a hate crime and is currently being sued by the city of Chicago.

ROB SMITH: I’M GAY AND SUPPORT MIKE PENCE — DON’T BELIEVE PETE BUTTIGIEG’S CLAIM THAT PENCE IS ANTI-GAY

Buttigieg, who is openly gay and was once cordial with Pence, has boosted criticism of the vice president calling him anti-gay.

“This is someone who was against ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’ who felt it was too pro-gay.  He wanted to make sure even closeted members couldn’t serve,” Buttigieg said Tuesday about Pence on CNN.

Grenell, who called Pence a friend, accused the mayor of South Bend of drumming up accusations to boost fundraising and asked why he didn’t speak up while Pence was the governor of Indiana.

“It’s ironic that right about now when he’s starting his fund-raising apparatus to run for president that he comes up with this… idea and this attack,” Grenell said.

The ambassador defended Pence and his wife, cited their Christianity and said the couple “accepted” Grendell and his partner.

“Mike and Karen are great people, they’re godly people, they’re followers of Christ.  They don’t have hate in their heart for anyone. They know my partner, they have accepted us. You asked me do we agree philosophically on every single issue? No,” Grendell said adding that he disagrees with other people he respects.

BUTTIGIEG, ONCE CORDIAL TO PENCE, NOW CRITICAL AMID CAMPAIGN

Grendell chastised the gay community for shifting from a group about tolerance to a group that demands “we all think alike” before noting that Pence has always supported Buttigieg.

“When Mayor Pete came out, the vice president complimented him and said he holds him in high regard. The vice president or then governor has said nothing but positive things about Mayor Pete. I think this is a total hate hoax and I think it’s outrageous,” Grenell said.

Source: Fox News Politics

The desperate cry for help came from a girl who had lived in such isolation for 17 years that she didn’t know her address, the month of the year or what the word medication meant.

But after jumping out a window from the filthy home where she lived with her parents and 12 siblings, she knew enough to punch the digits 9-1-1 into a barely workable cellphone and then began describing years of horrific abuse to a police dispatcher.

The brave girl’s call that freed her siblings — some who had been chained to their beds — led to the opposite fate for their parents, David and Louise Turpin, who face 25 years to life in prison when sentenced Friday.

The couple pleaded guilty in Riverside County Superior Court in February to torture and other abuse and neglect so severe it stunted their children’s growth, led to muscle wasting and left two girls unable to bear children.

Before the 17-year-old escaped from the home in a middle-class section of the city of Perris, about 60 miles (96 kilometers) southeast of Los Angeles, the Turpins had lived largely out of view.

David Turpin, 57, had been an engineer for Lockheed Martin and Northrop Grumman. Louise Turpin, 50, was listed as a housewife in a 2011 bankruptcy filing.

Their home was neatly kept and neighbors rarely saw the kids outside the home.

When deputies arrived, they were shocked by what they discovered. A 22-year-old son was chained to a bed and two girls had just been set free from their shackles. The house was covered in filth and the stench of human waste was overwhelming.

Deputies testified that the children said they were only allowed to shower once a year. They were mainly kept in their rooms except for meals, which had been reduced from three to one per day, a combination of lunch and dinner. The 17-year-old complained that she could no longer stomach peanut butter sandwiches — they made her gag.

The Turpin offspring weren’t allowed to play like normal children. Other than an occasional family trip to Las Vegas or Disneyland, they rarely left the home. They slept during the day and were active a few hours at night.

Although the couple filed paperwork with the state to homeschool their children, learning was limited. The oldest daughter only completed third grade.

“We don’t really do school. I haven’t finished first grade,” the 17-year-old said, according to Deputy Manuel Campos.

Children said they were beaten, caged and shackled to beds if they didn’t obey their parents.

Investigators found that the toddler had not been abused, but all of the children were hospitalized after they were discovered.

The seven adult children were living together and attending school in February when their parents pleaded guilty. Attorney Jack Osborn, who represents them, declined to comment on them Thursday.

It’s not clear if any children will attend the sentencing, but they will be offered a chance to speak or can offer written statements to be read in court.

Defense attorneys would not say if their clients will address the court.

The couple pleaded guilty to 14 criminal charges. Prosecutors said the deal would likely keep them in prison for the rest of their lives and spare the children from testifying.

“The defendants ruined lives, so I think it’s just and fair that the sentence be equivalent to first-degree murder,” District Attorney Mike Hestrin said at the time of the plea.

Source: Fox News National

Remarks by the head of Chinese online business giant Alibaba that young people should work 12-hour days, six days a week if they want financial success have prompted a public debate over work-life balance in the country.

Jack Ma is one of China’s richest men and his comments last week brought both condemnation and support as China’s more mature economy enters a period of slower growth.

Newspaper People’s Daily, the ruling Communist Party’s mouthpiece, issued an editorial, saying mandatory overtime reflects managerial arrogance and was also impractical and unfair to workers. Online complaints included blaming long work hours for a lower birth rate in the country.

Ma has responded to the criticism by saying work should be a joy and also include time for study, reflection and self-improvement.

Source: Fox News World

Paramedics say a father saved his 14-month-old son from dingoes that dragged the boy from a campsite on an Australian island.

Paramedic Ben Du Toit says the boy had deep cuts on his head from the attack on Fraser Island in Queensland state.

The family was sleeping when a dingo entered their campervan. Du Toit says the parents awoke to their son’s cries, the sound fading as he was dragged away.

The father ran outside and fought off several dingoes to rescue his son.

Frank Bertoli, a pilot for RACQ Life Flight, told Australian Broadcasting Corporation that the parents’ “quick thinking” probably saved the boy from more severe injuries.

The boy was airlifted to a hospital early Friday.

Bertoli says it’s the third dingo attack on Fraser Island this year.

Source: Fox News World

The Latest on the investigation of a woman believed to have posed a threat to schools in Colorado (all times local):

9:40 p.m.

Columbine High School is moving ahead with ceremonies marking the 20th anniversary of an attack that killed 13 people, and the community is awaiting more details on what led a teenager allegedly obsessed with the 1999 shooting to buy a shotgun and kill herself in the snowy foothills nearby.

A religious service Thursday night kicked off three days of commemorative events leading to a day of community service projects and a ceremony Saturday at a park near the school.

An already tense time at the school was exacerbated after 18-year-old Sol Pais traveled to Denver from Miami on Monday and immediately bought a pump-action shotgun.

Her body was found Wednesday, about 24 hours after Columbine and other schools locked their doors in response to fears that she intended to carry out her own attack.

___

9:20 a.m.

Colorado schools that were shuttered just ahead of the 20th anniversary of the Columbine school shooting have reopened, a day after authorities found the body of a young Florida woman who was obsessed with the shooting. Many schools imposed increased security measures when they reopened on Thursday.

The FBI said the body of Sol Pais was discovered Wednesday in mountains outside Denver with what appeared to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Columbine and dozens of other schools were closed Wednesday because of fears that Pais posed a threat. About 500,000 students in the area that includes metropolitan Denver and Colorado Springs were affected.

Authorities say Pais never threatened a specific school but made troubling remarks to others about her “infatuation” with the 1999 shootings. The FBI also says Pais purchased a shotgun immediately after arriving in Colorado on Monday.

The school closures affected about 500,000 students.

Events planned to mark the anniversary of the 1999 Columbine attack will go on as scheduled throughout the week, including a ceremony near the school on Saturday.

___

11:10 p.m.

Authorities want to ensure that a Florida teenager who was obsessed with the Columbine school shooting was acting alone as dozens of Denver-area schools plan to reopen following a region-wide hunt for the young woman.

The FBI said the body of Sol Pais was discovered in the mountains outside Denver with what appeared to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound on Wednesday, about 24 hours after Columbine and other schools locked their doors in response to fears that she intended to carry out her own attack.

Authorities say Pais never threatened a specific school but made troubling remarks to others about her “infatuation” with the 1999 shootings. The FBI also says Pais purchased a shotgun immediately after arriving in Colorado on Monday.

The anniversary of the Columbine attack is Saturday.

Source: Fox News National

The HNA Group logo is seen on the gate of HNA Plaza building in Beijing
The HNA Group logo is seen on the gate of HNA Plaza building in Beijing, China July 4, 2018. REUTERS/Elias Glenn

April 19, 2019

By Jennifer Hughes

HONG KONG (Reuters) – Embattled Chinese conglomerate HNA Group has denied accusations of embezzlement and financial irregularity made by a rival group of shareholders in Hong Kong Airlines (HKA) as the two sides fight for control of the struggling carrier.

The allegations were made by Zhong Guosong and Frontier Investment Partner who between them control 61 percent of HKA’s shares. On Tuesday, they declared they had taken control of the carrier and made Zhong, a former HKA director, chairman after an extraordinary shareholder meeting.

The pair said on Wednesday, via a spokesperson, that an investigation had been launched into “the embezzlement of HKA assets and serious financial misappropriation by HNA Group parties.”

In an emailed statement to Reuters on Friday, HNA said that the allegations “are false”.

“HNA Group is committed to the highest standards of integrity in all of its activities and expects the same of all of its representatives,” it added.

HKA’s website still lists Hou Wei as chairman.

Hou joined HKA in September last year after more than four years with HNA-controlled Hainan Airlines, according to his LinkedIn profile.

HNA holds about 29 percent of HKA, having cut its majority holding two years ago.

This week’s battle comes as HKA is struggling to survive. Earlier this month, airline executives told shareholders the company needed at least HK$2 billion ($254.95 million) to avoid the risk of losing its operating license – and that it swung to a loss of about HK$3 billion last year.

Zhong and Frontier representatives at that meeting, however, demanded details of the 2018 accounts and questioned the close ties between HKA and HNA affiliates, which include loans and equity investments by HKA to HNA groups, according to HKA’s 2017 accounts seen by Reuters.

On Thursday this week, the two sides clashed again when Zhong and Frontier accused HNA of storming HKA’s head offices and removing documents – claims denied by an HKA spokesperson.

HKA said later that day that the extra security staff visible in the lobby and foyer of HKA’s offices were to preserve order that had been disrupted by the shareholder dispute.

On Thursday evening, Hong Kong’s Transport and Housing Bureau said it had met with representatives for both sides and was monitoring the situation.

It added that the Civil Aviation Department had stepped up its oversight of HKA’s flight operations to ensure no disruption over the holiday weekend.

(Reporting by Jennifer Hughes, Kane Wu and Julie Zhu; Editing by Himani Sarkar)

Source: OANN

Police in Australia are celebrating after they managed to reunite a homeless man with his pet rat, Lucy.

According to the New South Wales Police Force, the homeless man left the rat on a milk crate in Sydney while he went to use a nearby restroom on the afternoon of April 6.

While he was gone, a woman passing by saw Lucy and thought the animal had been abandoned — so she took the rat with her.

NSW police said that it was thanks to Facebook that authorities were able to track down Lucy and reunited the rat with its rightful owner.

In a video posted to Facebook, the unnamed man was presented with the rat to see if it was his missing Lucy. “Let’s have a look at you,” he said, picking up the animal. “Yup, that’s her!”

Police posed with the rat after it was reunited with its owner.

Police posed with the rat after it was reunited with its owner. (NSW Police Force)

He proceeded to ask for a kiss, and Lucy obliged.

He thanked the officers and said it felt “wonderful” to have his pet back.

The man leaned in for a kiss with his rat.

The man leaned in for a kiss with his rat. (NSW Police Force)

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

“Rats all folks! Have a wonderful Easter long weekend,” police wrote on Facebook.

Source: Fox News World

A Chicago man has been found guilty of first-degree murder in the 2012 death of a 7-year-old girl who was shot outside her home.

Jerrell Dorsey was convicted Thursday by a Cook County jury. The 33-year-old Dorsey was one of two gunmen who opened fire on rival gang members on a West Side street in June 2012, striking Heaven Sutton. The girl was shot near a homemade snack stand where she would sell candy.

The man believed to have been the second gunman hasn’t been charged in the shooting. He is awaiting trial for an unrelated attempted murder charge.

Prosecutors say the gunmen had targeted two brothers and shot one in the leg. One brother identified Dorsey as the shooter in grand jury testimony, but recanted on the witness stand this week.

Defense attorney Michael Walsh argued there was no physical evidence tying Dorsey to the crime.

Source: Fox News National


Current track

Title

Artist